Read Time:1 Minute, 0 Second
The Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement (CCVI) is a framework for involving volunteers in all levels of an organization, including leadership, direct services and virtual roles. It consists of 14 organizational standards for volunteer involvement.
Here’s how your organization can adopt the CCVI and strengthen both its volunteer engagement strategy and its capacity to meet its mandate and contribute to a stronger community:
- Review the CCVI with leadership to ensure that yourorganization is aligned with the Values and Guiding Principles
- Present the CCVI to the board of directors andmake a formal motion for your organization to adopt the CCVI
- Prepare and display a statement related tovolunteer involvement
- Assess your organization’s practices related tothe Values, Guiding Principles and Standards
- Develop a work plan to address specific areasidentified in the organizational assessment
- Let Volunteer Canada know when your organizationhas adopted the CCVI so we can include you in our list of CCVI Adoptees
- Review the CCVI periodically to mark yourorganization’s progress and identify opportunities for improvement
Volunteer Canada encourages all Canadian organizations toadopt the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement. If your organization hasadopted the CCVI, let us know so we can include it in our list of CCVI Adoptees.